Final Fantasy 14 gets huge 4.1 patch
Final Fantasy 14 players on PS4 and PC are now able to download the 4.1 patch for Stormblood, dubbed ‘The Legend Returns’.
The huge update, the first major one for Stormblood, sees FFXIV players journey to Ivalice, the world that Final Fantasy 12 is set in.
The new story arc and alliance raid will see players head to the the Royal City of Rabanastre.
Final Fantasy 14’s big update, The Legend Returns, also introduces many new quests, battles and other content updates.
Square Enix have outlined all the big changes in the Final Fantasy 14 update.
These are as follows:
• Main Scenario Quests – The liberation of Ala Mhigo by the resistance signals the end of an era of tyranny. Lyse and her people now must decide how to greet their future, as Raubahn also faces important decisions of his own.
• New 24-Player Alliance Raid Series – Return to Ivalice – Renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY XII / FINAL FANTASY Tactics) and Keita Amemiya—creator of the Garo television and film series, from which the Patch 3.5 PvP gear, weapons, and mount designs originated—lend their talents as guest creators in this thrilling new raid series and story.
• New High-Level Dungeon – Players can delve into the depths of The Drowned City of Skalla, the submerged ruins of a city destroyed by war and filled with promises of treasure and unsolved mysteries of years past.
• The Minstrel’s Ballad: Shinryu’s Domain – Shinryu beckons players to the battlefield once again in a new trial battle that poses an even greater challenge than the original encounter with this fearsome foe.
New Side Quests – A new chapter in the fan-favorite Hildibrand adventures series arrives, in which Nashu Mhakaracca sets forth in search of her mentor in the Far East.
• Adventurer Squadrons – Players may explore a number of dungeons in solo play by forming a party with their adventurer squadron members. Players can issues commands to squadron members, who will also grow stronger as they hone their skills during these adventures.
• Kojin Beast Tribe Quests – Assist the Blue Kojin in creating their own treasure vault to store their gathered treasures and honor the divine, earning new rewards as you further relationships with this beast tribe.
• New Housing Area – Residential plots of land in the picturesque Shirogane are open to new residents, offering a lifestyle experience like no other in the Hingan paradise.
• New Custom Deliveries – Disciples of the Hand and Land can turn in crafted and gathered items each week to M’naago to help further her cause while learning more about the Resistance Widows and Orphans Fund.
Extra content is also being planned following the release of the Final Fantasy 14 update 4.1
The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) battle will be added in patch 4.11, coming two weeks after release.
While Final Fantasy 14 patch 4.15 will introduce Rival Wings, the newest PvP mode featuring 24-v-24 player combat with a brand-new ruleset.
The full patch notes for the Final Fantasy 14 update 4.1 can be viewed on the Square Enix website.